Starsong (starsongky) wrote,
Starsong
starsongky

  • Mood:

FrankenSock!

Our current project for the 6Sox KAL is "Color Blox", designed to use up leftovers. No biggie, I've got enough bits of self-striping yarns to make a full pair according to our postal scale (over 100g). I was nearly done with the first one when I tried it on and found it was too long in the foot, by nearly an inch. Whoops!

I didn't feel like ripping out two or three days' worth of work to go back and shorten the foot, and since I'd already changed colors when I started the heel section, I ran a lifeline there and another one about eight rows (an inch worth) before that. I carefully picked out the last round of the foot, ripped back to the other line, then grafted the two back together.

Frankensock


Here's the before and after pics of the grafting job, it's the purplish line just before the heel in the bottom pic. It's a little uneven but not too bad, it should even out after it's been worn & washed a couple of times. I started the toe for the second sock on the right, with the yarn I took out of the first one so you can see how much I removed.

Surprising how far my knitting skills have come in the past year or so, after nearly two decades without much change.

xposed to sock_knitters
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments