Base Pattern: Grumperina's Jaywalker socks
Yarn: Trekking XXL, color 134
Needles: US 1 dpns
The zigzags didn't photograph very well, but at least the colors are right. I'm glad I blogged the process, turning this into a major learning experience. It turned out to be a good thing that I'd put the first sock aside and started with the second one, as I hadn't split the original ball in half as evenly as I'd thought. I finished the first sock with just over a yard to spare; I've got two full stripes' worth left from the second one.
Now that I look at them side by side, I also apparently reversed directions when I frogged and rewound that first attempt. I knew I wouldn't have enough yarn to get the stripes to line up with each other so I didn't bother, but they ended up running in opposite directions.
If I use this yarn again I think I'll try getting a set of US 0 needles first, the fabric's a little looser weave than it probably should be.