And thanks to scott644 for the memories this Holiday meme brought to mind.
1. Hot chocolate or apple cider? Either way I'd rather have it cold, preferably frozen/slushy. Peppermint mocha or caramel cider frapuccinos.
2. Turkey or Ham? Turkey, preferably white meat
3. Do you get a Fake or Real cut it yourself Christmas tree? Fake, easy to assemble with lights already attached, bought at an after-Christmas discount the year before. Can't do real trees, pine sap gives me itchy welts.
4. Decorations on the outside of your house? Maybe a wreath on the door or an electric candle in each window.
5. Snowball fights or sledding? no, thanks
6. Do you like hanging around the fireplace because it's warm? If it's a wood fire, yes, but mostly for the smell.
7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping? Maybe on my lunch break
8. Favorite Christmas song? all of them, either instrumentals or well-done vocal harmony
9. What happened to number 9? Seven ate it.
10. How do you feel about Christmas movies? Eh, if there's nothing else on. The old Rankin-Bass stop motion specials were kinda cool though.
11. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music? never too early, but rarely before Halloween
12. Stockings before or after presents? before, they make good appetizers for the main gift courses
13. Carolers, do you or do you not listen to them? I did when I went caroling at a nursing home in Girl Scouts as a kid
14. Go to someone else's house or they come to you? both, but only when I can't get out of it
15. Do you read the Christmas Story the night before Christmas? nah, I think of Christmas as a generic winter holiday, like Zipper isn't a brand name any more
16. What do you do after presents and dinner? clean up the mess, because somebody has to do it
17. What is your favorite holiday smell? Bayberry. Mom used to burn a bayberry candle every night through December. They're getting harder and harder to find though, which sucks.
18. Ice skating or walking around the mall? I'll take the mall if I have to, but I'd rather skip 'em both.
19. Favorite Christmas memory? always getting a big navel orange in the toe of my stocking, maybe an apple or tangerine too if I was lucky, so I'd have fresh fruit for breakfast Christmas morning
20. Favorite Part about winter? Holiday decorations
21. Ever been kissed under mistletoe? nope, sounds kinda creepy to me