I got another repeat done on the Zigzag sock yesterday,
tried it on this morning and, well, so much for that idea.
84 sts is just too big, wasn't stretched at all so it'll
never stay up. I was going to just put it aside and start
smaller with ball #2, but then I realized I'd have to cut
the yarn to get it out of the Yarntainer. I don't
like having any joints in my socks if I can help it, they
always make me nervous they'll come apart. That left two
options - pull the whole ball through the hole and probably
end up with a big untangled mess, or unravel the sock and
start over from scratch.
So I cast on 80 sts on the bus - that's what usually works
- and got my first round done. Once I finish the ribbing
I'll decrease 2 sts to get down to a multiple of 6 for the
main pattern, which turned out to be stretchier than I'd
expected so it should work out this time.