Rules: Each player of this game starts off with 10 weird things/habits about yourself. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 10 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.
1. When shopping for colleges, I chose the only school I could find that offered both a computer science major and a German minor. Getting that German minor was a deal-breaker. I never took another German class after high school.
2. I went through a shoplifting phase for a couple of months when I was 17. It started by accident, when I found a pack of gum in my coat pocket that I hadn't paid for. I mainly took baseball cards and Atari 2600 cartridges. I'm grateful the store security officer called my mom instead of the cops when I finally got caught.
3. I almost always sleep on my right side. While I can fall asleep on my left side (and occasionally have), the right's a LOT more comfortable. My spine is far from straight, lying on my right brings it closer to normal while the left makes it worse.
4. I have virtually no sense of thirst. I know I drink a lot less than I should to be healthy, but I can't seem to force myself to down any more than I do. Most of my chronic sinus pain probably comes from being continually dehydrated.
5. I have virtually no willpower when it comes to food. I've been overweight my whole life, at this point nearly triple the mass a woman my height should be. I've tried dieting, cutting down on portions and switching to diet sodas, but I've never managed to keep it up for more than a few days before reverting to old habits.
6. I get distracted far too easily at work. My job requires some Internet access, so I often have something running in the background while I'm doing other tasks. I could get things done a lot more quickly if I quit playing around. I haven't gotten in trouble for it yet but I expect to at some point. Yet I still do it.
7. I'm physically addicted to caffeine. If I don't get at least a 12 oz. cola's worth in 24 hours I get horriffic migraines. I need a slow, steady source of both caffeine and sugar to function normally. No-Doz and Vivarin are great for awhile but they wear off too quickly and I crash very hard, fighting to stay awake. Coffee with sugar and creamer works best, though I far prefer cold drinks to hot ones. A steady stream of frappuccinos would be ideal.
8. I am a process knitter. The act of knitting is far more important to me than the finished products. I don't mind ripping out hours' or even days' worth of work to fix a mistake. If I was stuck on a desert island with only enough yarn for one project, I'd unwind it and knit it over and over again to have something to do.
9. I'm 40 years old and have never gotten a driver's license. I took driver's ed in high school but never passed the exam. I finally got up the nerve to get a learner's permit again a couple of years ago, now it seems I never have the time to practice. I think I'm afraid I'll screw up and hurt someone.
10. I play D&D to develop alternate personalities. Stats and number crunching are necessary evils. I play for character growth, achieving feats I don't have the guts or the physical prowess to do in real life.
And to toss out a few balls of my own: